Saturday, July 5, 2008

What is my purpose?

Many times I hear people ask what is my purpose in this life? What am I meant to do? Am I meant to find a cure for cancer? Am I meant to be a wife and mother? Why am I alive? What's the point of it all?

I am fortunate to know what my purpose is: to love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all my strength (Luke 10:27) and to love my neighbors as myself. That is the reason I was created and though I don't live it every minute of every day, the desire of my heart is to live for this purpose. Thus, the beginning of this blog.

As I mentioned before, I used to make fun of blogs (and sometimes still do!) because I couldn't fathom who had the time to sit and create a blog, do all of the upkeep and posting, page design, etc. Also, through some bad experiences on myspace and other very worldly sites, I was really turned off to public sites because they seemed so full of evil and of the world.

One day when I was praying and God laid it on my heart all I could think was "but Lord, it is filled with such darkness and evil (the web) and His soft reply was simply, "that is why you must be light." Wow! What a calling, to be the light of God's love in this dark world. This is the second reason for this blog.

Today, while my niece was visiting from Texas we took her to the top of the Tram. We watched little forest critters such as squirrels and chipmunks scampering about the mountainside. On our way down I thought to myself, how many little critters were scurrying about that we couldn't even see and if no one could see them then what was their purpose? Softly the Lord spoke to me, "to testify of my glory." That is our purpose and that is the main reason for this blog.

Lord, thank You for showing me that all creatures big and small are part of Your plan. I praise You for allowing me to be a part of Your kingdom. Thank You for giving me a purpose; to glorify You.

No comments: