Monday, July 7, 2008

The Weather According to God

Yesterday, as Duncan and I were driving home from Ruidoso it was cloudy and overcast. As we slowly made our way down the mountain my parents live on I looked up and said “those are some dark and gloomy storm clouds.” A short time later we were driving and the clouds were still there but this time the sun was above them and there were bright rays shining through and illuminating the earth.

I realized that even through the dark clouds of life God’s glory still shines brightly. There is nothing so strong to keep it out. Sometimes it is a bright solid light shining on every part of our lives and sometimes it only illuminates parts of our life like the mountain in the picture. The left side is bathed in sun, but the right is darker and more mysterious. Times when we are going through something difficult it may seem like a mountain and even if God doesn’t shine on the entire thing to tell us which way to go, He is always shining on part of it. God’s glory will never be dimmed or overtaken by darkness because as Jesus said in John 8:12 “ I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

As we got closer to home I looked over and saw the very small end of a rainbow. A few minutes later I looked back and it was gone completely. I realized that even when I can only see a small part or even nothing at all, God’s promises are still there, giving us light in a dark world.

Lord, thank You for the rain, the clouds, the storms and most of all for Your rainbow. I am continually blown away that Your grace and provision are always with me, even in the darkest of times.

No comments: